Thursday, September 15, 2011

Snickerdoodle Muffins

The taste of wonderful Snickerdoodle Cookies in a warm, mini muffin just welcomes your love. Anyone that knows me knows I love making mini muffins. While some recipes are family secrets this one isn't. Ever since I saw a labor intensive recipe for these on line and tried it, I just knew there should be an easier, less messy way to get that same great flavor. After many attempts and lots of shared muffins with family and friends I developed this quick, easy and lessy messy way to get those wonderful muffins.

SNICKERDOODLE MUFFINS
By Lynne Carey

Ingredients:
One box of KRUSTEAZ Snickerdoodle Cookie Mix (ignore all directions on box)
One large egg
One stick of butter, softened at room temp (don't melt and add hot butter to mix)
1/4 c. water
3 tbs. milk
2 tablespoons brown sugar

Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Spray mini muffin tins with PAM or cooking spray. Open box and set the cinnamon sugar mix aside. Add all other ingredients to large bowl and stir to create dough. Stir till well mixed and it pulls away from edges of bowl, scrap down sides. Sprinkle 2/3rds of the cinnamon sugar mix over the dough stirring to swirl it in. I do 1/3 and stir then the other 1/3 and stir. Reserve the other 1/3 to sprinkle over the tops. Scoop and drop into mini muffin tins (2/3 full). When all tins are filled sprinkle remain mix over the tops before placing in oven. Bake 12-15 minutes or until tops are set. Check with toothpick or knife. The smell is awesome and is a good indicator of doneness as well. Makes 34-36 mini muffins.

If sharing the recipe please give credit or link to my blog. Enjoy!!!

2 comments:

Luv my grandkids said...

Thanks for the recipe Lynn, I'll be giving it a try! I'm sure my husband will love them!

It was nice seeing you at Hobby Lobby yesterday.
Blessings, Pam

mytags4u said...

These seem like something I could handle...I am not much of a baker but am going to try this recipe. THANKS for sharing!