Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Deco Mesh Mail Box Wreath




Just quickly did this tonight. It isn't complete as I couldn't find the rest of my flowers in all the boxes in the studio. I need to learn to label, lol.

Supplies - one roll of deco mesh 21" wide in your choice of color
- scarecrow from the Dollar store (this one was $5 and I broke most of the stick off the back so he could sit not stand)
- flowers, fruit, filler
- floral pins (often called greening pins, U pins, S pins, etc)
- clear packing tape
- scissors, wire cutter

Step 1 - Take a piece of styrofoam and use clear packing tape to adhere in to your mail box.



Step 2 - Stick scarecrow into the center of the foam block allowing his legs to dangle off each side of mailbox.




Step 3 - Take deco mesh in your choice of color. Gather one end and get up close and personal with your scarecrow by pinning this in his crotch area on the foam. Use two pins.





Step 4 - Make loops by gathering (not twisting) the decorative mesh and pinning to the block. I went to the left first, around the front, to the right and the around the back. I used about 1/2 a roll of the mesh. There are 10 yards on a roll.




Step 5 - Cut and add flowers of your choice around the block, sticking through the mesh into the foam. Add fruit and other picks as desired.





I have done this for all seasons with different centerpieces (pumpkin, angel, snowman, season metal decor)

2 comments:

Linners said...

Lynne, that mailbox scarecrow topper is adorable. Thanks for the directions.

Cyndi - YaYa said...

I love the mailbox cover.. wish I could do one to mine. DH says someone would steal it.. or mash our box.. sad isn't it? it does happen.. a lot..
Thank you for the instructions.. I may attempt one !